I initially created this blog with intent to chronicle my goal to land a job and, very hopefully, achieve a career in Singapore. Since the start of 2011, I’ve been sending out hundreds of online applications using different job portals and browsing forums (such as PinoySG.com) to gather as much information I need. My target jobs as of now: A copywriter or a marketing executive. A little over a month, I have been receiving several inquiries; Four, to be exact. Call me shallow, but I have learned to immensely appreciate the fact that employers in Singapore find my resume impressive enough.
My friend from college and I are planning fly to Singapore on April. That’s roughly two months as I’m typing this. Money and accommodation is a huge, HUGE predicament. I need, at least, fifty Philippine grand in order for me to survive overseas job hunting. I’ve only got a quarter of that figure stashed in my saving account.
Whenever I think of leaving my family behind, especially my ailing Lola, my heart breaks into pieces. Honestly, I’ve got mixed feelings about this whole thing. I know I’ve been praying hard and long enough to ship myself away to the Merlion City, but leaving my family will be one of the hardest decisions I will ever make in my life. I’m desperately hoping that all of these would just fall into place one day.
No comments:
Post a Comment